Sunday 12 February 2012

The Weird Path

So now here I am,
after resting for a while to give me the time to learn this new origami field, and after learned lots, several things, at the convenction, things about paper, about shaping the model, about the art in each model and much more...
I think you (as if there are any readers) deserve some news.
I started folding new "stuff" by folding owl.
I thought that, at the aim to avoid large collapses or a nervous breakdown it's better to start without great steps, but by baby steps.
In fact my owl has tassellation, lost of tassellation, I obviously talking about Beth Johnson's hex owl
Beth Johnson's hex owl

Than I moved to the simmetrical mathemathic figurative origami by Jun Meakawa, with his dear and his winged rainder
Jun Meakawa's Dear
Jun Meakawa's Winged Rainder


Suddently I travelled to the Zen inspiring dancing models of Giang Dinh by folding his bear, but this step will be a too large step, in fact I'm not so happy about my result... 
[NO PIC, IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH]


Than I move to the perfect repruductive model of Pasquale D'Auria, by folding (together with He) his Grim Reaper.



Pasquale D'auria's Grim Reaper

 








and his wondrous Rose.
Pasquale D'auria's Rose

So I met the person who I revere from many years, I litterally worship she.
I'm talking about Luisa Canovi.

And finally I can met she and fold together with she and I'm very VERY proud about it.
So I tried to fold her palm, result is regrettable compered with her one, but it is my result.
Luisa Canovi's Palm

I also bougth some books to refine the technique in this my evolution, one of it was:

Origami Essence By Roman Diaz





from which
I folded:
a nice vixen
Roman Diaz's Vixen

a dove
Roman Diaz's Dove in Love








and another owl
Roman Diaz's Owl









Than I tried the essential style of Federico Scalambra with his pig (I know odd choice of paper color) and his elephant.
Federico Scalambra's Pig and Elephant

Finally I landed to the models of Eric Joisel, in this moment I love his style.
There's no way to describe how folding his model can relax me, I concentrate in the shaping of it, and the only reason because it actually succeed is because I forget how many layer of paper I am folding,
my approach to the paper has become more lovable, tender, soft, so that even it (the paper) forget that it should tear and break itself.
Up to now I've folded Eric's Rat 

Eric Joisel's Rat

and his variation on a Crane.
Eric Joisel's Variation on a Crane


Of cource between this there's a lot of models that I rejected, e.g. Unicon of Roman Diaz, the just mentioned bear by Giang Dinh and the Baby Dragon by Daniela Carboni and Francesco Miglionico's Sailing Ship, and much more...



Ah about the Super Complex I'm planning to fold the Ancient Dragon by Satoshi Kamiya, I'm stopped at step 40, it will take me several months to finish it.

Here I am, ready for new adventures and gambling. I welcome suggestions, criticisms, questions, insults and much more.

Ah I'm planning to remove or better change that disquieting eye on the top, any hints, ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Le critiche sono ben accette, come ogni tipo di correzione purchè sia espressa in maniera FRATERNA.
Gli insulti non sono tollerati. Regolatevi di conseguenza, se non volete che i vostri commenti vengano rimossi.

Se dovete includere dei link, usate Tinyurl.com o simili per convertirli in link corti, oppure usate l'HTML. Se includete link lunghi, diventeranno inutilizzabili.

E' perennemente attivata la moderazione dei commenti per evitare che questo blog venga usato come palcoscenico per rigurgitare insulti o spam.